Most web browsers have an option called incognito mode, commonly known as private browsing, that enables users to browse the internet without leaving any evidence of their online activities on the browser history storage.
However helpful it may be for protecting your privacy, if you are a parent and want to track your child’s online activities, facing problems to disable incognito mode on Android or any other platforms.
The simplest way to disable the incognito mode of your browser is to install Incoquito from the Google Play Store, or you can download the Google Family Link app for free.
When you disable incognito mode in the Android browser, your personal information and data are saved in a browser that can be used to track your online activities so as a parent you can see all the websites your child is visiting.
How To Permanently Disable Incognito Mode On Android?
As I told above about two apps that can permanently disable incognito mode on Android.
Incoquito is a paid app and another one is Google Family which is a free app that stops incognito mode on the browser.
- Search Google Family app and install it
- Sign in with the Google account you want to use with this
- If your Gmail account for child incognito mode is disabled by default
- On the Google Family app click on a child account
- Go to the Google Chrome permissions page. Tap Controls, then Content Restrictions to discover it. Choose Google Chrome from the list of available programs.
- Choose a content setting. Choose an environment that seems appropriate for your child’s situation. When you select a setting, it is immediately applied.
- Allow all sites: Except for restricted sites, your child will be able to view any websites.
- Attempt to censor explicit websites: Sites that are aggressive or sexually explicit will be prohibited and screened.
- Allow only approved sites: choose and approve specific points of interest for your child to visit
With these steps, you can disable incognito mode on Android devices also you can manage websites restriction on the google chrome browser.
There is one more option allow or block a website where you can add a website manually which you want to allow or block.
Can I Disable Incognito Mode?
Yes, most online browsers allow you to disable it in Incognito mode. Incognito mode, commonly known as private browsing, enables users to surf the web without leaving any browsing history or cookies on their computers.
Disable incognito mode means you want to let the browser store your browsing activities if you want to let that happen you can use the normal tab in Chrome no need to disable incognito mode.
But if you are concerned about child internet activities and want to monitor their browsing activities then you can disable incognito mode google family app and manage everything.
How To Permanently Disable Incognito Mode On Google?
If you want to disable incognito mode on Google Chrome on your Windows, that is easy with some simple steps.
Method 1: Using Windows Group Policy
- To open the Run dialogue box, press Win + R on your keyboard.
- To open the Group Policy Editor, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Google -> Google Chrome -> Incognito Mode Availability.
- Select Disabled to block access to Incognito mode.
- Close the Group Policy Editor and restart your computer to implement the changes.
Please remember this method only works with Windows Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions. It is incompatible with Windows Home editions.
Note: If This Method Doesn’t Work For You, Here Is Method 2
Method 2: Using the Windows Home Registry Editor
- Launch the Run dialogue box, and press Win + R.
- Open the Registry Editor, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome.
- Right-click the right-side panel, pick New, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- IncognitoModeAvailability is the new value.
- Double-click the new value, change its data to 1 and then click OK.
- Restart your computer to make the changes take effect.
How Do I Change Incognito Mode On Android?
On the Android version of the Google Chrome browser, there are two modes open to you. You can browse the internet in either regular or incognito mode.
Almost on any Android browser the process to switch from regular to incognito mode is simple. Here below you can see the steps:
|Browser||Enable Incognito Mode||Disable Incognito Mode||Additional Settings|
|Google Chrome||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Incognito mode”|
|Mozilla Firefox||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Tap on the mask icon while in Incognito mode|
|Microsoft Edge||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Tap on the three-dot menu icon||Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “InPrivate mode”|
So you can use any browser to change to incognito mode in an Android hassle free from the above steps and can securely surf the internet.
Is Chrome Incognito Mode Better Than Regular Browsing?
Browsing the internet on Chrome depends on your privacy and security. So browse in the tab according to your needs.
Is Android Mode Have An Inbuild Incognito Mode?
Android has an inbuild Chrome browser that comes with incognito mode by default.
I’ve covered how to disable incognito mode in Android whether you’re using Android or Windows. Now it’s up to you to utilize the straightforward procedures listed above with a third-party app to disable incognito mode in Android or Windows.
Just keep in mind that you shouldn’t disable incognito without permission and shouldn’t abuse it to monitor the surfing habits of others.